Things we know about the Mushroom War
1000 years ago there was a terrible war. Everyone was dying.
Marceline, a young half-demon, was left alone on earth.
Simon Petrikov, an antiquarian, was battling the evil of a cursed crown that had saved his life at a terrible cost. Simon met Marceline in the wasteland of earth, and they took care of each other.
The nuclear bombs came and “bathed the land in mutagenic horror”, but Simon survived because of his crown and Marceline survived either because she is a demon, or because Simon protected her.
Either way, the Lich was born out of man’s hate and desire to kill. Everything died or mutated, save for Marceline, Simon, and perhaps the few people lucky enough to get to underground bunkers.
After hundreds of years of death, mutation and suffering, the Land of Ooo came into existence.
However, that was only in one universe.
In the universe where Finn wished the Lich “never even ever existed,” the nuclear bomb did not hit earth. Instead, Simon stopped it with his mastery over Ice.
But in order to save the world from the bomb, Simon lost his life.
This fulfilled Finn’s wish about the Lich never coming into existence, because the bomb never went off.
However, the crown wasn’t happy with a dead master, but even it couldn’t save Simon from his fate. In a rage, the crown encased the world in ice for 400 “boring” years.
“Boring years” because there was no magic, no mutant creatures, and it looked like Marceline stayed by Simon’s side the entire time. She protected the crown so no mortal would ever get their hand on it again. Marceline never became a vampire, and instead, aged alongside Simon’s dead body.
Notice how there is no gaping crater in the earth that is usually shown in the Land of Ooo universe. Perhaps this means that it is the nuclear bomb that caused the crater?
When Finn puts on the crown and causes the bomb to explode, the Lich is once again born. In a world where the lich ‘never existed’ the Lich still comes into existence, perhaps showing the inevitability of the Lich’s presence. The Lich is the living embodiment of the consequence of war.
In both universes, Marceline is left alone.
And Simon is lost.
7736 Notes/ Hide
- looklovelynaked likes this
- switchedmirror reblogged this from pretendplaytime
- wafflechocobo reblogged this from pretendplaytime
- wafflechocobo likes this
- raechele likes this
- pretty--lights reblogged this from pretendplaytime
- pretty--lights likes this
- doctordaisy likes this
- sergalio reblogged this from pretendplaytime
- sergalio likes this
- thetwostorytellers likes this
- waffawa likes this
- mo0n---child reblogged this from infected-ellis
- facesmcgregor likes this
- thanatos-a-hedgehog-dilemma likes this
- khaleesisfollower likes this
- khaleesisfollower reblogged this from williams-blood
- leftthisworld likes this
- -ryan likes this
- themainmane likes this
- zachmor likes this
- apatheticsexlife likes this
- roscoemcnally likes this
- keenpeach likes this
- mrsbaltimorecrabs likes this
- kumbric-witch likes this
- alexander-william likes this
- albb likes this
- marxisforbros reblogged this from williams-blood
- fairysperm likes this
- williams-blood reblogged this from pretendplaytime
- blvckzeus likes this
- anti-villian likes this
- baker-and-fangirl reblogged this from diabeticgirl4
- baker-and-fangirl likes this
- diabeticgirl4 reblogged this from pretendplaytime
- lost-in-my-music-forever reblogged this from pretendplaytime
- starryoak likes this
- whosthefunnylookingone reblogged this from ghostfiish
- halfbood-queen reblogged this from pretendplaytime
- lilykattskorner reblogged this from alongcameabadwolf
- lilykattskorner likes this
- alongcameabadwolf reblogged this from pretendplaytime
- loglog5 reblogged this from ghostfiish
- loglog5 likes this
- thebeastisyou likes this
- jessicalovesya likes this
- thedearhealer reblogged this from lemongrabxvx